Taster Day 2015 - some FAQ s
Taster Day 2015 – Some FAQ s
- Do I need to book for Taster Day? There is no booking for the Taster Day – we will fly people in the order they arrive and book in on the day. During the rest of the year we do offer voucher flights at the weekend with a pre-booked date and time.
- How long will I have to wait? Waiting times are shorter at the beginning and end of the day. Last year the wait time built up to an hour or two by lunchtime and into the afternoon. We will try to keep the blog page http://www.wolds-gliding.com/index.php/taster-day updated during the day with weather news, wait times and photos.
- Are there any age limits? There is no lower age limit but anyone who is very light may have to fly in the rear seat and if they are not very tall they might not get a very good view.
- Are there any upper size limits? Almost all gliders have been designed for many years now with a maximum allowable pilot weight of 102 kg (16 stones, 225 lbs) and for safety reasons this limit has to be strictly applied. The instructor will ask you if you are between the lower and upper weight limits for flying in the glider. People taller than about 6 feet 3 inches (199 cm) may find it difficult to fit comfortably in a glider – the canopy must close fully without touching the pilot’s head.
- Are there any medical requirements? Any condition that would prevent you from driving a car - generally anything that could cause you to suddenly blackout – would mean that you could not fly. Otherwise getting into and out of a glider is much like getting in and out of a bath.